Save the Cat!® Writes for TV Is Now on Sale!
BJ Markel, December 24, 2020 0 1 min read 3635
Blake Snyder’s Save the Cat!®, the world’s top-selling story method for filmmakers and novelists, introduces The Last Book on Creating Binge-Worthy Content You’ll Ever Need.
Screenwriter Jamie Nash takes up Snyder’s torch to lay out a step-by-step approach using Blake’s principles for both new and experienced writers. You’ll discover:
- all the nuances, tricks, and techniques of pilot-writing (The Opening Pitch, The Guided Tour, The Whiff of Change)—finally in one place!
- the ability to turn your idea into a well-crafted and organized TV pilot script and a multi-season series
- the 9 Save the Cat! TV Franchise Types that will improve your story and your pitch
- the secret TV Pitch Template that combines critical points of your TV series into the necessary “read-over-lunch” industry document
- a how-to in creating layered characters who are driven by complex internal struggles
- a TV-adapted Save the Cat! beat sheet to crack your story
- breakdowns of the best and most diverse TV series, including Atlanta, Barry, Ozark, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, What We Do in the Shadows, Black-ish, The Mandalorian, Law and Order: SVU—now at your fingertips
It’s time for Save the Cat! Writes for TV to help you create your binge-worthy TV series!
The book will be published on March 30, 2021 and will be available online and at bookstores everywhere.
BJ Markel first worked with Blake Snyder in 1986. He edited Blake's three Save the Cat! books and co-founded Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC with Blake in 2005. In his other life, BJ worked in video acquisitions and entertainment marketing, including 20 years at the Walt Disney Company.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.