Jamie Nash Scriptcake Podcast
Once again, Jamie Nash, author of Save the Cat!® Writes for TV and the Save the Cat!® Beat Sheet Workbook, delivers screenwriting tactics that are easily understood and actionable.
Interviewed by perceptive screenwriter Lovinder Gill, Jamie talks about how you can:
- Develop 3-dimensional characters who can arc through your story’s beats
- Create both a broken compass and a rooting resume to understand your protagonist’s wants and needs
- Understand your Story DNA—your hero/goal/obstacle & stakes
- Use the Save the Cat! genres to brainstorm your story ideas
- Create work that is “you on a plate”—something you care deeply about
BJ Markel first worked with Blake Snyder in 1986. He edited Blake's three Save the Cat! books and co-founded Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC with Blake in 2005. In his other life, BJ worked in video acquisitions and entertainment marketing, including 20 years at the Walt Disney Company.