- This event has passed.
The Save the Cat!® Storytelling Webinar
October 3 - October 17$99
Learn the language of storytelling to craft and perfect your own story.
Join us for new sessions of the record-breaking Save the Cat!® Storytelling Masterclass, presented LIVE by the best-selling author of Save the Cat! Writes a Novel, Jessica Brody!
The Storytelling Masterclass consists of 3 live webinars, now each 3 hours—including Q & A:
Day 1 – Saturday, October 3, 2020 AVAILABLE AS A RECORDING UNTIL NOV. 2
Day 2 – Saturday, October 10, 2020 AVAILABLE AS A RECORDING UNTIL NOV. 9
Day 3 – Saturday, October 17, 2020 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM pacific
During the 3 sessions, Jessica will take you beat-by-beat through the world’s most popular storytelling approach to help you learn how to create engaging stories, compelling character arcs, and themes that resonate.
Anyone who attends live will have the opportunity to ask Jessica questions.
Miss a class or want to re-watch a session? No problem—anyone who purchases will have access to recordings of each session for 30 days.
Throughout this webinar series, Jessica will:
• Guide you step by step through the 15 story beats that are found in any great story
• Show you how the 15 beats form a blueprint (or road map) that any writer (of any level) can follow to craft their own successful story
• Share what makes novels successful
• Analyze many examples (from both books and movies) of the 15 key story beats in action so you can firmly grasp the function and purpose of each beat and see how other successful writers have tackled them
• Guide you through the process of brainstorming, crafting, and developing the 15 beats to outline, write, or revise your own bestseller
Please note we are taking the impact of COVID-19 seriously. Anyone suffering from COVID-19 financial hardship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE LIVE STORYTELLING WORKSHOP
Over the course of 2 weekends, you will:
- Learn the difference between a pitch and a logline, and why you must nail each one.
- Lock down your logline with the Save the Cat! mini-story template to get out of any logline jam.
- Learn the 15 key beats found in any story to make yours resonate with what is “primal.”
- Crack the “Magical Midpoint”—the secret of every story’s power.
- Find out why the Opening Image and the Final Image are your way to “doublecheck the math” of a hero’s transformation.
- Practice your pitch and improve your technique in front of a friendly group of fellow writers eager to help you succeed.
THE WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
- Find your story according to Blake’s four elements of every successful logline.
- Learn to “beat out” your story using the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet (the BS2).
- Pitch your pillar beats: Opening Image, Catalyst, Break into 2, Midpoint, Break into 3, Final Image
- Discover the five steps that make a great finale.
- Pitch your story to the class using the 15 key beats every successful story must have.
TESTIMONIALS FOR THE ORIGINAL LIVE WORKSHOP
“If I had to come up with a simple and poignant way to describe it, I’d call it the only workshop that you’ll ever find in Hollywood that encourages your story’s individuality.”
— Ebony Jones in her review on Coverage, Ink. Read Ebony’s entire review here.
“I loved taking the Save the Cat! workshop with Ben in NYC. I was working on my second Lemoncello book at the time and it went on, after great input at the seminar, to become a New York Times best seller. In fact, I use what I learned from Ben and STC! in all the middle grade novels I write…and one, Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library, even became a movie on Nickelodeon last fall! Thanks, Ben!” — Chris Grabenstein, #1 New York Times best-selling author
“Whether you’re aspiring to start your first screenplay or you’re an established writer looking to work out some new material, the Save the Cat! workshop offers tools for success. Early in my career, Ben and STC! helped my understanding of story structure, which is information I still use every day on every draft of every script I write.” — Jordan Gershowitz, screenwriter and producer, Warner Bros, Disney, and Nickelodeon (The Good Catholic, Random Tropical Paradise, Total Frat Movie, Temps, and writer for Tom & Jerry TV)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Should you choose to cancel, a full refund will be given if a written cancellation notice sent by the registrant is received by Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC 10 days or more prior to the event.
- Registrants canceling less than 10 days prior to the event will not receive a refund, but they will receive a $100 credit for a future Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC workshop or seminar.
- Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC reserves the right to cancel an event at any time for unforeseen circumstances or emergencies and will give as much advance notice as possible. Should that occur, Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC will send the registrant a full refund. If Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC does cancel, it will not be liable for trip cancellation expenses, such as travel or hotel arrangements.
*A writing team working on a single project will be counted as a single writer at a special fee. If you write with a partner, email BJ Markel for a special price.
If you have any questions about the class, please contact BJ Markel at email@example.com.