- This event has passed.
Free Webinar: The First Steps to Cracking Your Pilot
June 4 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am PDTFree
If you want to work in TV, you need to write a great pilot. But to write a great pilot, you need a great series idea.
Join us for an introduction to Save the Cat!® Writes for TV and best-selling author, Jamie Nash.
ONE-TIME ONLY: June 4, 2021 at noon Eastern
During this session, Jamie will guide you through what your show needs, including:
- The 5 Key Questions to creating your show
- The 8 Save the Cat! TV Franchise Types that will improve your story and your pitch
- The Save the Cat! World Types for finding fresh new worlds for your series
- The Pilot Checklist—everything you need to put in your compelling pilot
Plus live Q&A with Jamie!
ABOUT THE LIVE STORYTELLING WORKSHOP
Over the course of 2 weekends, you will:
- Learn the difference between a pitch and a logline, and why you must nail each one.
- Lock down your logline with the Save the Cat! mini-story template to get out of any logline jam.
- Learn the 15 key beats found in any story to make yours resonate with what is “primal.”
- Crack the “Magical Midpoint”—the secret of every story’s power.
- Find out why the Opening Image and the Final Image are your way to “doublecheck the math” of a hero’s transformation.
- Practice your pitch and improve your technique in front of a friendly group of fellow writers eager to help you succeed.
THE WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
- Find your story according to Blake’s four elements of every successful logline.
- Learn to “beat out” your story using the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet (the BS2).
- Pitch your pillar beats: Opening Image, Catalyst, Break into 2, Midpoint, Break into 3, Final Image
- Discover the five steps that make a great finale.
- Pitch your story to the class using the 15 key beats every successful story must have.
TESTIMONIALS FOR THE ORIGINAL LIVE WORKSHOP
“If I had to come up with a simple and poignant way to describe it, I’d call it the only workshop that you’ll ever find in Hollywood that encourages your story’s individuality.”
— Ebony Jones in her review on Coverage, Ink. Read Ebony’s entire review here.
“I loved taking the Save the Cat! workshop with Ben in NYC. I was working on my second Lemoncello book at the time and it went on, after great input at the seminar, to become a New York Times best seller. In fact, I use what I learned from Ben and STC! in all the middle grade novels I write…and one, Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library, even became a movie on Nickelodeon last fall! Thanks, Ben!” — Chris Grabenstein, #1 New York Times best-selling author
“Whether you’re aspiring to start your first screenplay or you’re an established writer looking to work out some new material, the Save the Cat! workshop offers tools for success. Early in my career, Ben and STC! helped my understanding of story structure, which is information I still use every day on every draft of every script I write.” — Jordan Gershowitz, screenwriter and producer, Warner Bros, Disney, and Nickelodeon (The Good Catholic, Random Tropical Paradise, Total Frat Movie, Temps, and writer for Tom & Jerry TV)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Should you choose to cancel, a full refund will be given if a written cancellation notice sent by the registrant is received by Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC 10 days or more prior to the event.
- Registrants canceling less than 10 days prior to the event will not receive a refund, but they will receive a $100 credit for a future Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC workshop or seminar.
- Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC reserves the right to cancel an event at any time for unforeseen circumstances or emergencies and will give as much advance notice as possible. Should that occur, Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC will send the registrant a full refund. If Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC does cancel, it will not be liable for trip cancellation expenses, such as travel or hotel arrangements.
*A writing team working on a single project will be counted as a single writer at a special fee. If you write with a partner, email BJ Markel for a special price.
If you have any questions about the class, please contact BJ Markel at firstname.lastname@example.org.