- This event has passed.
Save the Cat!® TV Pilot Webinar
January 8 @ 12:00 am - January 22 @ 11:59 pm PST$99.00
The jobs are in TV and we want to unlock the essentials of structuring your TV pilot and series!
Join us for the last live session of the Save the Cat!® TV Pilot Webinar, presented by the best-selling author of Save the Cat! Writes for TV, Jamie Nash, and see the recording of the first 2 sessions!
In order to write a great pilot, you need to create a great series. Jamie lays out the essentials of developing your compelling TV series and teaches you how to tackle each element.
The TV Pilot Webinar is a 3-part LIVE series on Zoom for 3 hours each—including LIVE Q & A with Jamie:
Session 1 – Saturday, January 8, 2022 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM pacific Recording will be available for 30 days
Session 2 – Saturday, January 15, 2022 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM pacific Recording will be available for 30 days
Session 3 – Saturday, January 22, 2021 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM pacific Recording will be available for 30 days
Anyone who attends live will have the opportunity to ask Jamie questions.
Can’t attend live? View the recording of any session you miss!
Saturday, January 8, 2022
Topics covered in Session 1 include:
Format & Audience
Characters, Characters, Characters
Saturday, January 15, 2022
The Save the Cat! Beats
Using the Save the Cat! Beats to Break Season 1
Saturday, January 22, 2022
Topics covered in Session 3 include:
Cracking the Pilot
ABOUT THE BEAT SHEET WORKSHOP
Over the course of 2 weekends, you will:
- Learn the difference between a pitch and a logline, and why you must nail each one.
- Lock down your logline with the Save the Cat! mini-story template to get out of any logline jam.
- Learn the 15 key beats found in any story to make yours resonate with what is “primal.”
- Crack the “Magical Midpoint”—the secret of every story’s power.
- Find out why the Opening Image and the Final Image are your way to “doublecheck the math” of a hero’s transformation.
- Practice your pitch and improve your technique in front of a friendly group of fellow writers eager to help you succeed.
THE WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
- Find your story according to Blake’s four elements of every successful logline.
- Learn to “beat out” your story using the Blake Snyder Beat Sheet (the BS2).
- Pitch your pillar beats: Opening Image, Catalyst, Break into 2, Midpoint, Break into 3, Final Image
- Discover the five steps that make a great finale.
- Pitch your story to the class using the 15 key beats every successful story must have.
TESTIMONIALS FOR THE BEAT SHEET WORKSHOP
“If I had to come up with a simple and poignant way to describe it, I’d call it the only workshop that you’ll ever find in Hollywood that encourages your story’s individuality.”
— Ebony Jones in her review on Coverage, Ink. Read Ebony’s entire review here.
“I loved taking the Save the Cat! workshop with Ben in NYC. I was working on my second Lemoncello book at the time and it went on, after great input at the seminar, to become a New York Times best seller. In fact, I use what I learned from Ben and STC! in all the middle grade novels I write…and one, Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library, even became a movie on Nickelodeon last fall! Thanks, Ben!” — Chris Grabenstein, #1 New York Times best-selling author
“Whether you’re aspiring to start your first screenplay or you’re an established writer looking to work out some new material, the Save the Cat! workshop offers tools for success. Early in my career, Ben and STC! helped my understanding of story structure, which is information I still use every day on every draft of every script I write.” — Jordan Gershowitz, screenwriter and producer, Warner Bros, Disney, and Nickelodeon (The Good Catholic, Random Tropical Paradise, Total Frat Movie, Temps, and writer for Tom & Jerry TV)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Should you choose to cancel, a full refund will be given if a written cancellation notice sent by the registrant is received by Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC 10 days or more prior to the event.
- Registrants canceling less than 10 days prior to the event will not receive a refund, but they will receive a $100 credit for a future Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC workshop or seminar.
- Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC reserves the right to cancel an event at any time for unforeseen circumstances or emergencies and will give as much advance notice as possible. Should that occur, Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC will send the registrant a full refund. If Blake Snyder Enterprises, LLC does cancel, it will not be liable for trip cancellation expenses, such as travel or hotel arrangements.
*A writing team working on a single project will be counted as a single writer at a special fee. If you write with a partner, email BJ Markel for a special price.
If you have any questions about the class, please contact BJ Markel at [email protected].